Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Blog 3: The Truman Show

The Truman Show was a great film about the life of a man named Truman who had been controlled and lived in a "safe" and fantasy world his whole life. Seahaven was the place where he had lived all of his life. He trusted that place until something his father who had "died" in the film came back as a extra and Truman spotted him and all went wrong and Truman discovered the truth that Seahaven wasn't exactly what he thought it was. If I were to find out that my whole life I had been living a false life and that everyone and everything around me was fake and i had absolutely no control in the decisions i made i would definitely want to enter into the other world. I'd like to have a choice. Whether or not the choice would be right and if i would completely dislike the other world or the real world, I'd know that the decision was mine. It would be exciting but frightening at the same time. I'd be entering a world where I don't know anyone or anything. I'd have to start from scratch. I know I'd leave to the other world. Having spent my whole life living someone else's life I'd want to take the risk to see if i was strong enough to survive on my own and to teach myself new things and be able to understand the world.
I feel that Truman will be overwhelmed shocked by the drastic difference between his happy fantasy land world and our cruel and dark world. All over the world you'll find that their are good people and bad and each and every single one of them will have an affect on you. He'll realize that not all people are friendly or honest or dishonest. That theirs crimes and scandals and non of us are perfect and that we are all sinners. I don't doubt that he wont make it but i know it'll be hard for him at first to adjust and understand what is truly real. Truman had knew all of the people in his neighborhood and he had his routine. He will try and look for all of these things in the new world and believe that anything he's seen in Seahaven will work the same in the new world. He'll definitely be more cautious, not be able to trust anything at first or for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment